Become an Outlaw!
The Volunteer Group of the Kaycee Area Chamber of Commerce (KACC)
This page is designed to inform volunteers about Kaycee’s “Outlaws” – those wonderful people who work really hard to get the Events planned and executed that you all enjoy so much!
Ensure the safety and well-being of all Kaycee Area Chamber of Commerce Event participants – volunteers and guests.
For volunteers, each KACC Event begins when the last one ends. Many volunteers work year-round devoting their time, goods, services and money to an event. Others feel an Event is a reunion where old friends can come together and share in a time-honored tradition of service. A Volunteer can be known for 15 minutes of assistance or a brief smile as a guest passes by.
Most Events rely on true community spirit where its members reach out to help each other by giving selflessly to the good of the whole community. Volunteers from all walks of life and lifestyles come together as one family to dig in and perform tasks that range from picking up trash in the parking lots to chaperoning a terminally ill child to the Friday Night Rodeo or Easter Egg Hunt.
Our KACC Events are not just a rodeo or an Easter egg hunt, trick-or-treating, or a street dance – it is a heritage built over more than a hundred years of tradition. Take a few hundred caring people, put them together with a common goal – then stand back and enjoy the result of tens of thousands of hours of a labor of love.
- Take pride in volunteering
- Work for the KACC brand
- Do what needs to be done
- When communicating with our guests, the most important rule is to keep it simple, keep it true
- Ensure our consumers have a great experience while ensuring the safety & well-being of all KACC Event participants,volunteers & guests.
- Put on the best Event possible
Volunteers are the fuel that drives the KACC engine. Tasks range from assisting the staff of the Visitor Center, hiding eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt, planning and shopping for supplies for special Events, updating Facebook, calling business members, Editing the Web page and Calendar, and coming up with creative ways to involve business with community interests -– and thousands of other details that must be accomplished for KACC to succeed.
Here are a few of the Volunteer opportunities you might be interested in. . Please call the Chamber at 307-738-2444 for more information or fill out and send in an application. Volunteer Application: Click on the link for a printable form volunteer-application pdf version
Or email us at email@example.com.
The Kaycee Area Chamber of Commerce is governed by a Board of Directors, selected from volunteers with experience in the agriculture, retail, services and other business interests of Kaycee and Johnson County, and residents of Kaycee, Barnum, Mayoworth, Linch and surrounding areas of Johnson and neighboring counties.
Currently, we have openings for four Board members. After one year of service, Board members may be nominated for Executive Committee elected offices such as President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Committees & Sponsorships
- Christmas Lighting Contest
- 3 Volunteer Lighting Judges
- 1 Youth Judge
- Holiday Community Jingle-Fest – Immediate thru Christmas Eve.
- Chairperson – organize event and promote it
- Creative Designer – We need Jingle Buttons to sell for area businesses
- 4-8 volunteers
- Fireworks and Dance/Dinner Annual Fundraising Event
- Chairperson: Experience with planning a NEW annual fundraising event helpful but not necessary
- 8-12 Volunteers interested in assisting with planning and executing the Event.
- OUTLAWS (Ambassadors)
- The Kaycee Chamber Outlaws are a new group who are goodwill representatives who welcome new businesses and volunteer hundreds of hours at open houses, and events. This is the group that is “in the know” and on the streets as active participants in the Kaycee community. Watch the community calendar for meeting details.
- Easter Egg Hunt Annual Event
- The good news is the Easter Bunny is back again for 2017, shakin’ it up and waggling his fuzzy tail at Kaycee City Park. This is one of the most popular community events the Chamber puts on. We need a good turnout of volunteers for this annual event.
- Hide plastic eggs and work the event – 10 volunteers
- Design Signs and Posters promoting the event – 3-5 volunteers
- Weather can be dicey that time of year, Hot drinks and eats are nice! 6-8 volunteers
Sponsorship of Chamber events provides unique ways for members to publicize their business. You could have the opportunity to speak about your business, provide brochures and/or discount offers about your business, and/or obtain valuable name recognition about your business to hundreds of potential customers. Businesses may sponsor one entire event, or a portion of an event, for example, one bike for the Easter egg hunt. Please return your sponsorship form with your Chamber membership form. This will reserve your business sponsorship for the event(s). Please give the chamber a call with any questions at 307-738-2444.
- Holiday Sponsorship Opportunity – Christmas Lighting Contest Event
- New Year’s Eve Sponsorship Opportunity Fireworks
- Spring Sponsorship Opportunity – Easter egg Hunt Event
- Halloween Event – Trick or Treat Bags, Toys, glows and hot drinks
New Proposed Events
- Farmer’s Market
This event is to help promote local growers – meat producers – and crafters of anything from popcorn to flower pots. We are trying to organize an event to be held in Kaycee on a regular basis during the growing season. We have a permanent home available for this endeavor from Bill and Brit of the Hole in the Wall Bar. More details will be forthcoming and planned at a later date. Please let us know if you are interested in becoming a vendor for this event.
Please let the Chamber know if you have any other unique ideas to help us promote Kaycee and area businesses.
We are always looking for ways to gain visitors throughout the year, as this helps the whole community thrive.
Let us know via a phone call or email if you are interested in helping out with any of our activities. We can always use some volunteers at all of our events! Please check out the Kaycee Area Chamber of Commerce web page at http://kayceewyoming.org for current information on our events. The Calendar and Volunteer page are constantly updated for our activities. We are always happy to hear from you!